Saturday, December 10, 2011

6 Months Old!

Owen turned 6 months old on Dec. 2. I still can't believe it's December! Time has flown since he was born.

On Tuesday he had his 6 mo. doctor's appointment... so, more shots. He was a champ! Daddy wasn't there this time to help hold and comfort him, but he did just fine with good ole Mom in the room. Our doctor's nurse is so fast with the shots that I think he really only reacts to the first one. He had stifled his cry to just a few sniffles by the last one. I was so proud of our little man!

He's in the 90th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for length, which is where he should be according to the growth chart... and also proves he never misses a meal! He's pretty much out of all his 3-6 and 6 mo. clothes. A couple of onesies fit, but the sleepers and pants are way too tight or not long enough. 6-9 here we come!

O's also eating more than just cereal. He loves fruit, squash, sweet potatoes and carrots. We found oatmeal cereal with pears and cinnamon recently... which has become the new favorite, so I send it with him to daycare for breakfast. He still hasn't gone with his sippy cup 100%, but we can usually get him to take a couple of ounces of formula with it. I'm not pushing it... just hoping one day he picks it up and that's the end of the bottle for us.

He's sleeping so much better now... maybe because his tummy is more full? Every once in a while we've had to put Tylenol in his bedtime bottle because his jaw is bothering him. Still no teeth. We can now give him Ibuprofen for pain, which lasts longer, so I'm hoping he'll sleep even better by January! Right now, he'll wake up 2-3 times in the night and we've been able to soothe him with a pacifier, some light butt patting and plenty of shh's. He usually goes right back to sleep, and Nate and I are able to zombie-walk back to our room for a few more hours sleep.

As for what our little man is up to these days, he's rolling from belly to back and back to belly now. The other day he "steamrolled" across the living room giggling up a storm. Ralph is freaking out... we like to imagine him thinking, "Oh, crap... he's mobile!" (which is what we're thinking anyways). He's not really crawling yet but he's certainly trying, and according to his teachers at daycare, he's watching the "big kids" crawl and pull themselves up very closely. I'm not sure if we're ready for this!!! He's also much more talkative and holding his bottle all by himself. I'm finally able to use my Boppy pillow! I never really liked it for feeding so it's just been sitting in the closet since May. Owen loves laying in it now with his bottle and has even fallen asleep in it. So yes, it was a great gift and I love it [now].

No comments:

Post a Comment