This weekend, I took Owen to see Sesame Street Live at the Murat in Indianapolis. I have nothing but fond memories of the evening my dad took me to see my favorite characters -- which, by the way, was before Elmo existed. I think Big Bird was the star back then. Anyways, dad took me to see Sesame Street when we lived outside of Nashville, TN. I remember parking our car in a garage and walking hand-in-hand with him under his big golf umbrella to the show. When we got there, he let me get a sparkler wand and I thought it was just about the coolest thing ever. Never mind the thing broke as soon as we got home. I know Owen's too little to remember his first Sesame Street Live, but that's why I took pictures. I can't wait to take him again next year!
The tickets Nate found online including valet parking (score) and access to the VIP Lounge (double score). We started off our day with some appetizers and football on the big screen in the lounge.
Then we walked through the lobby to get Owen a souvenir, he picked the set of figurines, before heading into the theater. Our seats were primo!
Owen wouldn't let go of his new toys. He had the death grip on them! I tried to encourage him to dance in the aisle, but he was content on my lap and didn't say a word. I couldn't tell if he was enjoying himself of not... until... the second act.
We had such a great time! Owen slept the whole way home and the first thing he asked for when he woke up was, "Elmo." Until next year!




No comments:
Post a Comment