After dinner, we checked into our hotel which was near the conference for Nate. We got a king size bed and hoped for the best...
He did OK in the hotel - no falling out this time! In the morning, Nate had to go to the conference so Owen and I went downstairs and got breakfast. He just wanted fruit and milk, so I got everything in the lobby "restaurant" and we didn't drive anywhere. After breakfast, we got ready and headed to the Newport Aquarium. We got there just as the doors opened! I was pumped. I knew Owen would love it! Then, much to my dismay, we were told that strollers were not allowed and that we would have to check Owen's. SAY WHAT?! I mean, I know strollers can cause traffic but not allowing them? They offered a carrier for parents to wear, but Owen is way too big for that. He was just going to have to walk through like a big boy.
Here's Owen before we got started. He actually did really well and only asked to be carried once about midway through. I can't blame him though, I could provide him with a better view of most the aquariums.
As we walked out of the aquarium, I let Owen go into the gift shop and pick one thing. What did he choose? A baby stuffed penguin. He hasn't let go of him since we got back!
Of course, I had to buy Owen a Reds hat and jersey. After that, we headed back to the hotel to pack and wait for Nate to call to pick him up. Once we had Nate, we headed back home.
Overall, it was a great trip! Owen slept the whole way back and was in good spirits the next morning. He's getting so good at road trips. We should be able to make it to South Carolina soon!






No comments:
Post a Comment