Yesterday, Owen took a road trip back to Mom and Dad's alma mater for Homecoming. Since his Papaw is on the board, they met us in Madison and got lots of "Owen-time."
For dinner, I treated Owen to a delicacy, Hinkle's. We shared a some cheeseburgers and home fries before meeting Gamma and Papaw at their hotel.
After a good visit with my folks, Owen and I went back to our hotel and fell asleep. I was curious to see how he would do in a hotel now that he is older and, well, I found out. He fell out of the bed in the morning watching cartoons at 6:00am. I couldn't get him to stop crying. It's that moment of panic I'm sure all moms and dads face when you just don't know what to do to make everything ok. Finally, he calmed down - but not before waking up the whole floor, I'm sure! I was ready to pack up, check out and meet up with my mom on campus pretty early.
While on campus, we ran into a lot of old classmates and sisters of mine. It was great to see everyone, even though it was pretty gloomy all day. Owen really enjoyed himself, too.
Of course, we had to stop by the bookstore...
We spent the majority of the day in the alumni tent, but it worked out really well. Owen liked the sloppy joe's and popcorn there and snuck out only once to try to steal Dr. DeWine's golf cart. I have some great photos of that on my camera that I need to upload. Nate will be proud.
It's so important to me that Owen visits Hanover often with Nate and me. I want him to know that's where mommy and daddy met, it's where we went to school and where papaw attended as well, it's where so many wonderful things happened for our family. I'm hoping next year Nate can come with us!


No comments:
Post a Comment