Monday, October 3, 2011

4 Months Old!

Owen had a couple of firsts this weekend. Most notably, he turned four months old on Sunday! I can't believe that he's only been in our lives for a third of a year. I can't imagine life without him and quickly forgotten what life was like before him. Well, that is until Nate and I were both awake at 1:00am with a screaming baby. That's about the only time I fondly remember sleeping all night long and waking up feeling refreshed and ready for the day.

Owen has had a rough couple of nights. Saturday night his screams were so blood curdling that I called the pediatrician on call with Noblesville Pediatrics. He returned my call around 1:30am - I'm pretty sure I woke him up, oh well, welcome to my world - and suggested we take Owen to the CarePoint office (kind of like immediate care that's open on the weekends) when it opened. Nate and I got there around 10:00am on Sunday and quickly found out that Owen has his first ear infection. We feel so useless when his ear starts bothering him. All we can do is give him infant Tylenol and hope it works fast. He's also been prescribed amoxicillin (bubble gum flavor... remember that stuff??) so he's had that in his system for over 12 hours now. Here's to hoping tonight is better *fingers crossed*! As a side note, Owen now weighs almost 18lbs! HOLY COW.

Saturday morning Owen took his first road trip with Mommy! We went to Edinburgh to do some outlet shopping for him since he's grown so much and the only onesies that we have are short sleeved. We found some great deals at the Children's Place and Osh Kosh B'gosh on fleece pull overs, long sleeved onesies, hats, pajamas, sweat pants and a cute fleece outfit that has a hood and footies to keep him really warm on those cold Indiana mornings.

After running into a couple of stores we hopped back in the car and drove to Columbus, where we met my parents for lunch. They were at Hanover for Homecoming and since I didn't want to keep Owen out in the chilly air all day, we decided to meet for lunch halfway between Hanover and Indy. Grandma and Grandpa Williams were really excited to see Owen and he definitely put on quite a show for them. He stayed awake during lunch, smiling and making his little noises and then took his whole bottle before a diaper change and cuddle time with both of them. I wish we could have visited with them longer, but Thanksgiving will be here before we know it! Time seems to move so fast.

We had friends over Saturday night to watch football and eat chili. I'm so happy it's fall! It was great to hangout with everyone and I think the kiddos had a good time too. Owen was happy to see his buds Luke and Mason. He's amazed by their every move since they're so much bigger than him. All the adults fondly remembered that just two years ago we never would have imagined a Saturday night like that. How quickly life changes!

I'm so excited to see what his fourth month brings - with the exception of his ear infection!

No comments:

Post a Comment