Friday, April 26, 2013

Little Fish

Owen is really enjoying his swimming lessons at Stony Creek. This week, Nate and I were both able to go which makes life so much easier! You see, he's not big enough to be in the water by himself so either Nate or I have to be in the pool with him. As much as I love wearing my bathing suit in April, I let Nate bite the bullet this week and I was the official photographer.

Since we live near a lake and we have a neighborhood pool, it's really important to us that Owen be familiar with water and be able to at least float should he get accidentally knocked in or fall off a boat. He's really having fun with the lessons and I can't say enough about the teacher. Miss Erika loves each of the kids in our group and is great with the parents, too! A couple of weeks ago a video had gone viral of a child (practically an infant) being thrown into the water and then floating on her back. Erika made a point to tell each parent that this type of "teaching" is dangerous and they don't recommend it. And seriously, who would throw their baby into a pool???



I guess since neither Nate nor I are very good swimmers, it's nice to think maybe one day Owen will swim competitively. But, even if he doesn't want to do that, at least we are doing all we can to make sure he is safe and comfortable in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment