At 9 months, Owen cut his very first tooth! He also had a double ear infection, worrying Mommy especially since Nate has had an increase in travel for his job recently. Owen and I are spending a lot of quality time together - which I wouldn't trade for the world!
On St. Patrick's Day our family ran in the Shamrock Run (4 mi) in downtown Indy. Nate and Owen were the first stroller to finish and we even saw them on the news that night! So proud of my boys. I had a personal record for the race, not to brag, so it was a good day for everyone. We were so excited to run it with our friends Simon and Sheena and then celebrate with lunch afterwards. A well deserved treat!
Of course, Owen engaged in March Madness with Nate and me, cheering on UofL and IU (basically, anyone but UK). Owen loves it when I sing him fight songs and march around the living room with him. He and Nate cheer "C-A-R-D-S, CARDS! CARDS! CARDS!" He loves it! I think he's a little bit like his Mom as my Dad used to do the same things with me (admittedly, I performed Script Ohio as child on the shoulders of my Dad). I have such vivid memories of singing various fight songs with my Dad and watching basketball as a child. I'm thrilled to do these same "traditions" with O! Maybe next year he can go to a game with Papaw?
O has a little dinosaur/dragon cart that he's pushing around the living room. Of course, he's pulling up on everything and hitting things to see what kind of noise they make. His favorite thing to do is to use his Playskool hammer or one of his rings to hit my glass hurricanes on the hearth or our sliding glass door. We'll say, "Owen, no... don't hit that" and he'll just look over his should at us and smile. Nine times out of 10, he'll leave that object alone but every once in a while he wants to give it another good CLANG!!
Getting his first tooth was pretty tough, but overall, he's pretty much the happiest baby I've ever been around. He doesn't get stranger anxiety and warms up really quickly to new friends. He loves watching "big kids" run around at school and at friends' homes. You can see his wheels turning trying to figure out how he can move like that!
No comments:
Post a Comment