Sunday, April 8, 2012

10 months old!

Our little man is 10 months old! This year is flying by and I'm now in the midst of trying to figure out his birthday party theme. So far, it's either Woodland Creatures (owls of course) or Race Cars, not Cars the movie, just Race Cars.


At 10 months, Owen is really cutting teeth and eating "big kid" food on a regular basis. The only bottle he gets is before bed. He still likes his pacifier, but only when he's tired. He's wearing 12-18 month clothing and wears shoes pretty much every day to school -- especially if Daddy dresses him! He is still pushing his little dinosaur around the living room and likes to play catch after dinner. He's gotten very good at catching the ball, we're still working on the whole aiming thing, though.

He doesn't have any new words, but he's starting to use "mama" more frequently, especially when he's sleepy or hungry. That probably won't change any time soon!

The weather has really gotten nice quickly this spring, so we've been enjoying lots of walks with Ralph and dinner at our new Beach Club on the reservoir. Nate dipped Owen's toes in the pool one night while we were eating dinner. O didn't know what to do! I like to imagine him thinking, "this is the biggest bath I've ever seen!"

Saturdays have become interesting at our house. In the morning, Nate goes on a run while Owen and I have breakfast and play. Before Nate returns Owen usually goes down for his morning nap and I'm able to clean the house up a bit. Once Nate gets home, either Owen is still napping or it's snack time. Either way, I can use this time to go out for a run. By the time I get back, we all head to lunch and run errands together in the afternoon. We try to get back in time for Owen to get a nap before dinner. Quite frankly, if he doesn't get two naps a day, he doesn't sleep well at night.

Nights are getting better. I know his teeth are bothering him. I just want them to come in! It looks like he may get a side tooth in before his front top teeth! His gums are so red and swollen. I keep giving him cold things to chew on, but sometimes his toys feel better. As long as he chews something clean, I don't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment