Since going back to school from the holidays, Owen has grown tremendously! Not only is he bigger in size but he's crawling (fast) everywhere and starting to pull himself up on furniture and toys. I've been "baby proofing" our home on a room by room basis. When he decided he could crawl on the hardwood floors, I had to race to Wal-Mart to buy the little electrical outlet protectors. This weekend, I need to buy at least two baby gates and some kitchen and bathroom cabinet locks. HE IS INTO EVERYTHING!
O's hand-eye coordination has also improved quite a bit. He's able to pick up his pacifier and put it in his mouth on the first try. He's also successfully feeding himself snacks like Puffs, Yogurt Melts and crackers. HE LOVES RITZ (which we discovered on a Sunday in Kroger as we were sampling cheese) and, not surprisingly, cheese. He's doing better with his sippy-cup but he's still not really drinking from it, just chewing on the spout. I'm hoping he will just one day take to it and put the bottle down. Again, here's to wishing!
Winter has been extremely (infact, eerily) mild in central Indiana this year. So mild that it's been arguably warm out and spring-like. Owen was able to take his first stroller ride since he outgrew his infant seat the week before the Super Bowl. He giggled the whole time watching Ralph walking beside him. It was too cute for words!
The week before the Super Bowl also marked Owen's 8 month birthday! We celebrated with another walk around the neighborhood with Ralph and some chicken with veggies for dinner. I can't believe our little man is nearing his first birthday. It will be here before we know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment