This week, Nate is in Houston for training so Owen and Mommy are getting lots of cuddle time! Since I was out of town last week and through the weekend (Nate and I met at the Starbucks on 71st Street & 465 to exchange Owen as I was returning from the airport and he was heading to the airport -
no lie), I have a lot of catching up to do with O!
My favorite part of the day is coming home with Owen and getting him set up in his high chair with some toys while I prepare my dinner and his cereal. We talk about our day and Ralph usually joins us while he eats his kibble. It's hard to remember what it was like before Owen came into our lives. I must have been so bored when Nate was gone!

Owen slept through the night last night and was up and ready for the day at 5:40 (same as Mommy). We've started his bedtime "process" earlier in the evening - around 8 or 8:30 - so he's in his crib snoozing away no later than 9:30. This has been such a tremendous help, especially since I'm alone this week, because I can do the dishes, clean the kitchen and do laundry before I go to bed and
still get enough sleep through the night. Around 11 or 1, Owen will start to make some noises but he usually gets himself back to sleep without a problem. The hardest thing for me right now is not rushing into his room every time he makes a noise. I want so badly to comfort him and let him know I'm there -
BUT I know it's best for EVERYONE to let him get back to sleep all on his own.
I will say, however, that not getting up in the night to comfort O is made completely worthwhile when I go into his room the next morning and he smiles at me. When I pick him up and hold him, he now wraps his little arms around my neck. I like to think this "hug" is his little way of saying,
"I love you, Mommy!" It melts my heart every time.
No comments:
Post a Comment