Saturday, September 10, 2011

Running for a Good Cause

Today, our family participated in the Merrill Lynch Bull Run to benefit Tatum's Bags of Fun. This was Owen's and my first race and I'm especially glad that we did it for such an amazing cause. Tatum is a little girl who has beat cancer TWICE and thought of the wonderful idea to provide back packs filled with games, puzzles and toys to children battling every form of cancer throughout Indiana. She's one brave little girl and it was humbling to be part of such an important event.

Nate and I are so fortunate that Owen is a healthy little boy. From the moment he was born, aside from me trying to starve him to death (I kid, I kid), he has been perfect. There are so many other families out there sitting by bedsides of sick kids and it just kills me that we can't do more to help them. Hopefully, our support of Tatum's Bags of Fun will help in some small way.

No comments:

Post a Comment