Sunday, June 5, 2011

Meet Hoot

Owen William Littlefield made his first appearance on June 2, 2011 at 11:28pm weighing 8 lbs 9 oz and measuring 21.5" long. After 41 weeks of waiting, we were ready to meet our little man!

I went into St. Vincent Carmel Hospital on the first at 6:00pm after expressing to our OB/GYN earlier that day we were ready to get the show on the road. Nate and I enjoyed our last dinner as a "party of two" (compliments of Kona Grill) and watched movies until we fell asleep - anxious for what was going to happen the next day. I was induced shortly after 8:00am on the 2nd and 12 hours later I was still having contractions. By 10:30pm, our doctor recommended a c-section. We didn't need much convincing!

Before I knew it, my arms were spread out on the table and a cool rush of drugs spread through my veins. We were so fortunate to have an OB from our group perform the surgery. I felt at ease knowing Dr. Bradley had delivered our friends Adam and Karly's little guy, and Simon and Sheena's little girl. Within a few minutes Owen was out and screaming -- our whole world just changed. I remember Nate saying, "He's big!" and the rest of the night is a blur. This summer will be a whirlwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment