Saturday, June 25, 2011

End of Volleyball Season

At just 12 days old, Owen attended his first volleyball practice with Dad. He slept the whole time in his carseat while I made sure no stray balls came flying at us. Nate's team was so excited to see him and at dinner many of them held him until one was overheard saying that she wanted to "squeeze him to death."

The end of volleyball is marked by the national competition in Orlando. This meant Nate was gone for one week and I was home alone with a two week old. I had a slight nervous breakdown and panic attack the Friday he left. BUT... we made it! I don't think I would have made it the last night he was gone without the company of our friend Jenny (who also happens to be a nanny). It was nice to have adult interactive/conversation!

When Nate got home he could hardly believe how much Owen had changed. It was so good to see him and show off my new-found mommy confidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment